Successful technology transfer to SMEs is it’s OWL’s unique selling point. In transfer projects with a university or research institute, SMEs can utilise expertise, methods and technologies from the Leading-Edge Cluster to tackle the specific challenges of digital transformation.
In the innovation projects by it’s OWL, research institutes are developing new technologies and methods. Any company in the OWL area that is looking to make their products and production systems more intelligent can benefit from the results through smaller transfer projects. These projects are straightforward to apply for and can be easily implemented. Its effects can be seen in operation straight away. Medium-sized companies can take important steps on the road to Industrie 4.0 in this way.
Transfer projects make a crucial contribution to digitalising processes, products and services. This includes, for example, intelligent machine and system networking and self-optimisation, IT security, designing human-machine interfaces, an efficient energy management system or new business models.
- SME access to the technology platform
- Technological leap for SME
- Broad use of the research infrastructure by Industrie 4.0 transfer centres
- Impetus for research activities
- Breakdown of transfer barriers
- Establishment of a cooperation culture
- Strengthening of the business location